Allah, in the name of, the Most Affectionate, the Eternally Merciful
Personality Development Program
Contribute to humanity by develop a God-oriented personality!!!
تعمیر شخصیت پروگرام
ایک خدا پرست شخصیت کی تعمیر کر کے انسانیت کی خدمت کیجیے!!!
Introduction to the Personality Development Program
Objective of this Program
This program aims to develop our personalities in the light of the Quran, the glorious and fine example of Prophet Muhammad (صلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلم) and the ethical values promoted by all Divine Religions. We will attempt to develop and enhance the positive attributes in our personalities and at the same time try to get rid of our negative aspects. Personality development is described in the Quran as the primary objective of religion, and. Allah, the Almighty says:
وَنَفْسٍ وَمَا سَوَّاهَا۔ فَأَلْهَمَهَا فُجُورَهَا وَتَقْوَاهَا۔ قَدْ أَفْلَحَ مَنْ زَكَّاهَا۔ وَقَدْ خَابَ مَنْ دَسَّاهَا۔
The human personality witnesses, and Him Who perfected it. And inspired it with knowledge of what is wrong for it and what is right for it: Indeed successful will be the one who keeps it pure, and indeed failure will be the one who corrupts it! (Al Shams 91:6-10)
God has created this world for a specific test of human beings. The test is composed of ‘purification of their souls’ which is another name of ‘personality development’. The person who purifies his/her personality from moral filth, will be successful in both this test world and the real world, which is the hereafter. The person who fails to do this, will not prosper in any of these worlds.
This program targets an audience of both Muslims and Non-Muslims. Regardless of whether one is a Muslim or Non-Muslim, he/she can benefit from this program. The message of the Quran does not discriminate between human beings. All human beings are invited to understand this message regardless of race, color, caste, nation or creed and after that; they are free to choose whatever path they like.
Personality Development Model
The model we have adopted for personality development is depicted in the following diagram.
This model of personality development contains five units. The heart of any personality development system is the ‘correct relationship with the Almighty God and His prophets’ which is described in Unit I of this program. Without that relationship, it is not possible to develop a proper personality and a moral character.
Personality Development has two aspects: eliminating the negative aspects of one’s personality and developing the positive ones. These two aspects are described in Unit II and III respectively. Unit IV is about person-to-person relationship which is “human rights”. Islam has defined the rights of other creatures e.g. animals which are also included in Unit IV.
The last unit of this series is development of our vision and the role we have to play for development of a morally-conscious society.
Selection of Writings
We are presenting the writings of scholars from different backgrounds in this series. The reasons are as follows:
· A biased attitude is developed in our society that people read the books of the scholars belonging to their own group only. Our religion requires us to get rid of all types of bias and prejudice. Prophet Muhammad (صلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلم) asked us to acquire and accept positive things from everywhere. In this program, we have taken positive things from everywhere based on this spirit.
· Works of all scholars, who have worked on personality development, is our common heritage. A large number of scholars cover more aspects of personality development as compared to a single scholar. As a result, a great collection of knowledge and wisdom has become available. We should take advantage of this wisdom without any prejudice.
· By reading different authors, a person gets exposed to a variety of ideas and thus becomes more open minded.
The essays have been selected on the following criteria:
· The essay must be strongly correlated to its topic.
· The essay should provide a deep insight into the subject matter.
· The essay must be free from bias.
· The essay must be appealing to a person living in the modern world.
· The essay should be selected from the scholars of all schools of thought.
· The essay should comply with good literary standards.
· The essay should not be subject to copyright restrictions.
We have presented the writings of other authors by taking passages from their works. All necessary references are provided. Wherever something is deleted due to irrelevance or not meeting some other criteria mentioned above, a “…” mark is placed. Wherever we have added some explanation, it is written in the parenthesis [ ]. The readers, who want to read entire writing of that author, can refer to his/her relevant book.
It is essential to explain that this series is the result of the efforts of an ordinary man. The probability of errors is there just like other human works. The readers are requested to analyze this work critically and provide their feedback to improve this work.
Think about it!
A few questions are presented at the end of each essay. Readers are requested to think about these questions and provide their answers at email@example.com to post their comments and criticism in English or Urdu languages. Readers are also encouraged to ask any question. Their questions and our responses will be published on the website with their permission.
The Objective of getting your comments is to share your views, experience and knowledge with other participants of this program. You are free to think in an open manner and criticize the views presented by the author.
If you have any other question or comment, do not hesitate to send me an email at the address stated above. Insha Allah, I will try my best to respond to your questions and share your experiences with the other participants by uploading your views on the website. Your views and ideas may improve this program.
The Policy to publish your Questions and Comments
Our polity to publish your comments is as follows:
· We assume that you allow us to publish your comments in your name. If you do not like to mention your name, please mention it in your email. Please write your full name and the city and country where you live.
· Your email addresses will be highly confidential and will not be shared with anyone.
· Please mention the article about which you are submitting your questions and comments.
· The comments must not include a criticism on any specific person or group. You can criticize generally about some views or practices but a specific person or group should not be targeted. We apologize in advance for not publishing such comments.
· You are free to criticize the views published on this website but your comments should not include the typical sectarian disputes.
· Decent language should be used in your comments and criticism.
We look forward for your help in improving our content. May the Almighty help us in developing our personalities!
Muhammad Mubashir Nazir
Unit 1: Relation with God & His Prophets
In the name of God, the most Beneficent, the Eternally Merciful | The Treasure’s Map | The Month of Ramadan: What to achieve? | The Prophet’s Love | The Basic Premise of the Religion | Who is like You? | Pure Monotheism I | Pure Monotheism II | Who deserves the Paradise?
Unit 2: Elimination of our Negative Personality
How to get rid of Poverty? | The Report of Transparency International and a Hadith | Justification or Admitting One’s Fault | Artificial Colors of Glamour | Religious People & Ostentation | Character of Ancient Religious Leaders at Jerusalem | Attachment to a Group is irrelevant for Success | Successful Life | The Revolution Occurred! | Form & Spirit | Jealousy & Modern Testing Techniques | How to overcome Procrastination? | The Difference between an Extremist & a Moderate Person
Unit 3: Development of our Positive Personality
The Quranic Strategy for Personality Development | How to get rid of Poverty? | Character builds the Nation | The Sermon of Mount | Success: What is it? | Success Secrets | A Positive Attitude affirms the Life | Road Block | Thinking after Writing! | Trust is Golden | Getting off to a good start | The Lesson of Arnold Schwarzenegger | Unlocking the Gates to Success | Admitting One’s Fault | Top 10 Qualities of Excellence
Unit 4: Relationship with Human Beings
Unit 5: Our Responsibility, Vision & Mission
The Love of Prophet Muhammad with Knowledge | Traditional Mentality | Strange Similarities between Christian & Muslim Histories | The Relationship of Revelation & Intellect (Part I) | The Relationship of Revelation & Intellect (Part II) | The Problem of Aurengzeb Alamgir