Allah, in the name of, the Most Affectionate, the Eternally Merciful
Personality Development Program
Contribute to humanity by develop a God-oriented personality!!!
تعمیر شخصیت پروگرام
ایک خدا پرست شخصیت کی تعمیر کر کے انسانیت کی خدمت کیجیے!!!
Jealousy & Modern Testing Techniques
At the time of
Prophet Jesus (علیہ
والسلام), most of religious scholars of
Here some of his statements are quoted from the Bible. I have explained some of his statements in parenthesis. We can see the character of some of religious scholars and monks in light of his statements. These details are not being presented to assess the characters of others. We should think about ourselves to avoid such moral weaknesses.
· The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses (علیہ الصلوۃ والسلام) seat; all things therefore whatsoever they bid you, these do and observe: but do not you after their works; for they say, and do not. [The Scribes were the experts of Jewish Jurisprudence whereas Pharisees is the name of a specific sect.]
· Yea, they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with their finger. [By their juristic research on minor issues, they make the religion very difficult for people, but they do no observe the religion in their personal lives.]
· But all their works they do to be seen of men: for they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments.
· And love the chief place at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, and the salutations in the marketplaces, and to be called of men, Rabbi. But be not you called Rabbi: for one is your teacher, and all you are brethren. [The wonderful teachings of Prophet Jesus that all human beings are equal.]
· But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you shut the kingdom of heaven [i.e. paradise] against men: for you enter not in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering in to enter.
· Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, even while for a pretence you make long prayers: therefore you shall receive greater condemnation. [The tradition of capturing lands and embezzling religious funds is now common in our religious people as well.]
· Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you compass sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he is become so, you make him twofold more a son of hell than yourselves. [Because that proselyte commits two sins: adopting the character of his leader; and not using his own intellect to identify the right path.]
· Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and anise and cumin, [receive 10% Zakat on agricultural production] and have left undone the weightier matters of the law, justice, and mercy, and faith: but these you ought to have done, and not to have left the other undone.
· You blind guides that strain out the gnat, and swallow the camel! [You are concerned about minute details of jurisprudence but ignore the major commandments of Shariah or the Divine Law.]
· Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full from extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the platter, that the outside thereof may become clean also.
· Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the sepulchers of the prophets, and garnish the tombs of the righteous…. Therefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: some of them shall you kill and crucify; and some of them shall you scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city. [It is their double standards. They persecute the live people but make tombs of dead people.]
(Author: Mubashir Nazir, excerpts from “The Gospels of Methew, Chapter 23)
Think about it!
· Analyze our own character for the moral weaknesses identified by Prophet Jesus (علیہ الصلوۃ والسلام). Which of the weaknesses are generally found in our leaders without mentioning any name?
· Describe the method to get rid of these moral weaknesses.
Please send your answers through email to post your comments on this web page.
Unit 1: Relation with God & His Prophets
In the name of God, the most Beneficent, the Eternally Merciful | The Treasure’s Map | The Month of Ramadan: What to achieve? | The Prophet’s Love | The Basic Premise of the Religion | Who is like You? | Pure Monotheism I | Pure Monotheism II | Who deserves the Paradise?
Unit 2: Elimination of our Negative Personality
How to get rid of Poverty? | The Report of Transparency International and a Hadith | Justification or Admitting One’s Fault | Artificial Colors of Glamour | Religious People & Ostentation | Character of Ancient Religious Leaders at Jerusalem | Attachment to a Group is irrelevant for Success | Successful Life | The Revolution Occurred! | Form & Spirit | Jealousy & Modern Testing Techniques | How to overcome Procrastination? | The Difference between an Extremist & a Moderate Person
Unit 3: Development of our Positive Personality
The Quranic Strategy for Personality Development | How to get rid of Poverty? | Character builds the Nation | The Sermon of Mount | Success: What is it? | Success Secrets | A Positive Attitude affirms the Life | Road Block | Thinking after Writing! | Trust is Golden | Getting off to a good start | The Lesson of Arnold Schwarzenegger | Unlocking the Gates to Success | Admitting One’s Fault | Top 10 Qualities of Excellence
Unit 4: Relationship with Human Beings
Unit 5: Our Responsibility, Vision & Mission
The Love of Prophet Muhammad with Knowledge | Traditional Mentality | Strange Similarities between Christian & Muslim Histories | The Relationship of Revelation & Intellect (Part I) | The Relationship of Revelation & Intellect (Part II) | The Problem of Aurengzeb Alamgir