Quranic Arabic Books
1. Arabic Alphabets
AG001-Quranic Arabic Program – Introduction & Arabic Alphabets
AG002-Quranic Arabic Program – Half Alphabets
AG003-Quranic Arabic Program – Arabic Vowels
AG004-Quranic Arabic Program – Long Vowels
AG005-Quranic Arabic Program – Two Special Sounds
AG006-Quranic Arabic Program – The Sound of ‘N’ (Tanween) and Special Characters
AG007-Quranic Arabic Program – Double Letters (Tashdeed)
AG008-Quranic Arabic Program – Read Sentences
AG009-Quranic Arabic Program – Start Writing Arabic
AG010-Quranic Arabic Program – Practice Yourself
2. Arabic Grammar & Rhetoric
AG011-Quranic Arabic Grammar – Parts of Speech الصرف والنحو
AG012-Quranic Arabic Grammar – Gender تذكير و تانيث
AG013-Quranic Arabic Grammar – Objective Subjective Possessive رَفَع، نَصَبْ، جَرّ
AG014-Quranic Arabic Grammar – Number of Persons & Items وَاحِدٌ، تَثْنِيَةٌ، جَمع
AG015-Quranic Arabic Grammar – Pronouns الضمير
AG016-Quranic Arabic Grammar -Nouns and Verbs ماضي. مُضَارِع. مَجهُول. مَفعُول
(Other lectures will be coming)
3. Arabic Text and Vocabulary
(Other Lectures are coming)
Thanks for selecting the “Quranic Arabic Program” to learn the Arabic Language. We will take you through a series of modules starting from scratch and ending at the height of the classical literary Arabic. At the end of this program, God wills, you will be able to understand the literary Arabic. This program contains an easy approach to develop your linguistic skills to understand the Islamic literature. The series of books is name as “Quranic Arabic Program” because the Quran resides at the central position in this series.
People learn Arabic due to two reasons: (1) To understand the Quran, the Hadith and the classic Arabic literature; or (2) to communicate with Arabs in the modern Arabic. This course is targeted to achieve the former objective; however, people aiming for the later can also get benefit of this program. Due to its systematic nature, Arabic is one of the easiest languages in the world, having well-defined rules, a highly sophisticated linguistic structure, and extremely developed styles of eloquence. If you are familiar with the rules of Arabic Grammar, you can learn this language in a few weeks. About 40-50 words are commonly used in Arabic, and we have tried to teach these words in the initial modules. In order to understand the Quran and the Hadith, it is essential to learn the vocabulary used in the Quran, the Hadith and the Islamic literature. We will focus the linguistics, philology and figurative speech of the Quran in this program.
Learning Arabic by using this program is very simple: Read one lesson daily; solve all the exercises provided under ‘Test Yourself‘; do not read the answers before attempting the questions and once you solve the exercises, compare your answers with the ones provided to you in the “Answers Book” of the respective module. In a few weeks, you will find that your comprehension skills are improving. You do not need to memorize words or grammar rules. The course is designed in a way that they will automatically become part of your memory.
The program is organized in a way that you will gradually learn the Arabic language. It contains three levels: Basic; intermediate and advanced. Each level contains several modules which are organized into two series. One series consists of Arabic grammar and other language rules while the other is designed to build your vocabulary by reading the Arabic text. We have used the code of “AG” for the former and “AT” for the later. For instance module numbers are like AG00, AG01, AG02, AT01, AT02 etc. The entire structure of the program is depicted in the diagram and you should read the modules in sequence of the arrows mentioned here. Within a level, first read the modules of AG series and then read those of the AT series.
In the AG series, the rules of Arabic grammar and rhetoric are taught and their practice is done through applying them on the Arabic text. On the other hand, the AT series contains large number of passages from the Holy Quran, the Hadith and Islamic literature having extremely rich vocabulary. You will be asked to translate these passages by using the vocabulary provided on the same page. These tasks is designed in a way that such vocabulary as well as grammar rules will automatically become part of your memory without any additional effort. The modules are organized in the following way.
The Basic Level
It contains six modules out of which three are related to language rules and three include Arabic text. The detail is as follows:
· AG00: The objective of this module is to enable you to read the Arabic script. If you already read the Arabic script, you can skip this module and directly start from AG01 but a glance over AG00 will be helpful as you will be able to learn the differences in the script used in different parts of the world.
· AG01: This module contains the basics of Arabic grammar.
· AG02: It includes further details of the Arabic grammar including essentials of I’lm un Nahv.
· AT01: This module will enable you to understand the basic Arabic used in the routine life to perform basic religious rituals.
· AT02: The objective of this module is to enhance your vocabulary and by end of this module, you will be able to understand 15-20% of routine Arabic passages.
· AT03: You will further enhance your vocabulary in this module and will be able to understand 30-40% of Arabic passages.
When you will complete the “Basic Level”, you will be able to understand daily prayers, Friday sermons and the Quranic content up to some extent, in sha Allah.
The Intermediate Level
This level includes seven modules, four related to grammar and rhetoric and three related to text. The detail is as follows:
· AG03: This module includes details of “I’lm ul Balaghah” i.e. the art of eloquence. It includes I’lm ul Ma’ani, I’lm ul Bayan, and I’lm ul Badee’.
· AG04: It contains advanced details of the art of eloquence and rhetoric. At the end of this module, you will be able to understand the fine rhetorical details of Arabic language. Although such details are usually taught after completing the grammar but we have brought them earlier in order to maintain interest of the student because such discussions are much interesting as compared to grammar.
· AG05: You shall start studying the “I’lm us Sarf” i.e. the art of deriving hundreds of words from a single word, a unique feature of Arabic.
· AG06: Further details of “I’lm us Sarf” will be dicussed in this module and you will be able to derive hundreds of words from a single one after completing this module.
· AT04-06: These three modules include large number of Arabic passages of intermediate level and you will be able to understand 60-70% of the Arabic text after completing these modules.
The Advanced Level
At advanced level, you will study advanced concepts of grammar and focus more on building your vocabulary. It contains nine modules, two related to grammar and seven containing text.
· AG07: You will study advanced concepts of “Ilm us Sarf” in this module.
· AG08: This module includes the remaining advanced concepts of “I’lm us Sarf” and “I’lm un Nahv.” At the end of this module, you will have a complete knowledge of all important concepts of Arabic grammar and rhetoric and you will be able to analyze Arabic texts from grammatical perspective.
· AT07-AT13: You will read advanced Arabic passages in these modules and at the end of the module AT13, you will be able to read Arabic books easily. However, you may need to consult a dictionary occasionally.
At the end of this program, you would have learnt the important concepts of different disciplines of Arabic linguistics e.g. I’lm us Sarf, Nahv, Al-Ma’ani, Al-Bayan, Al-Badee’ etc. You will be able to read Arabic books written during all ages of Islamic history. An exam will be taken at the end of each level to give you feedback about your capabilities.
In order to set the right expectations, it is essential to tell you that this program is not designed to teach you spoken Arabic for day-to-day conversation. You will neither be able to speak Arabic nor be able to write in it as our focus is only comprehension. A religious scholar must be able to understand the Quran, the Hadith and the Islamic literature. Speaking or writing Arabic is not a key requirement for a religious scholar but an additional capability. In order to build communication skills, you need an Arabic speaking environment.
We have tried our best to minimize typing errors in these modules, however, if you find any, do inform us. If you have any question about this program, please feel free to send an email to the authors and also share your valuable feedback. May Allah help you in learning Arabic to understand the Quran and the Hadith.
Muhammad Mubashir Nazir (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Muhammad Shakeel Asim (email@example.com)
Dhul Hajjah 1434 / October 2013
The Basic Level
The objective of Module AR00 is to learn reading the Arabic script. If you can read Arabic, you can directly start from the Module AR01.
· Module AG00: Arabic Script
· Module AG01: Basic Arabic Grammar – Part I
· Module AG02: Basic Arabic Grammar – Part II
· Module AT01: Arabic Text
· Module AT02: Arabic Text
· Module AT03: Arabic Text
The Intermediate Level
To download the modules of intermediate level, registration is required. For registration, provide your details in the “Registration Form” and send to us through email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can serve you. Then you will be able to download the books.
The Advanced Level
To download the modules of advanced level, registration is required. For registration, provide your details in the “Registration Form” and send to us through email email@example.com so that we can serve you. Then you will be able to download the books.