To become a servant of Islam and to make my deeds compatible with the true Islamic knowledge.
Muhammad Mubashir Nazir
- Advance Level Certificate in Islamic Jurisprudence – International Islamic University Islamabad, Pakistan
- FCCA – The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK
- Certified Internal Auditor – The Institute of Internal Auditors, US
- Certified Risk Management Assurance – The Institute of Internal Auditors, US
- Certified Information Systems Auditor – Information Systems Audit & Control Association, US
- MBA – IBA, Pakistan
· Strong team player and self-initiator
· Creative and able to think outside the box
· Committed to strong ethical values
· Able to perform multiple tasks
· Energetic, enthusiastic and able to motivate others by taking care of them
· Able to develop strong and long-lasting relationships with scholars & students
· Flexible and quickly adaptable to change
· Enjoy domestic and international traveling
· Capability of motivating people
· Change and Conflict / Resistance Management
· Project Management including planning, scheduling, staffing, appraising and risk management
· Ability to deal with multi-cultural people
· Strong analytical skills
· Detailed study of original sources of Islam including the Quran & the Hadith
· Detailed study of Quranic Exegesis, Hadith Commentary, Islamic History, Islamic Jurisprudence, Sufism and Comparative Study of Religion
· Strong knowledge of Academic Arabic & English
· Strong knowledge of Information Systems
· Reading professional books & journals
· Writing articles
· Playing squash
· Tourism & Archaeology
· Report Writing
· Training people
· Workshop Management for cross-functional teams
· Ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical people
· Ability to communicate in English, Urdu / Hindi, Punjabi and Arabic
· William S. Smith Award from the Institute of Internal Auditors, USA
Countries Visited: Pakistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arab, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Malaysia
Date of Birth: August 15, 1974
Experience History 1987 – Present
1987 – 1994: Conducted a comparative study of the concepts and practices of different religious sects and groups in the South Asia e.g. Barelvi, Deobandi, Ahl Hadith, People not considering Hadith as an original Islamic Source, Muslims not associated to a particular sect etc.
1992 – 2004: Conducted a comparative study of the views of different religious movements in the Muslim world (especially the South Asia) including:
· Academic Movements e.g. the Movement of Hameed-ud-Din Farahi & Amin Ahsan Islahi, the Movement of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, the Movement of Deoband
· Missionary Movements e.g. Tablighi Jama’at, Da’wat-e-Islami
· Revolutionary Movements e.g. Ikhwan-ul-Muslimun (Egypt), Tanzeem-e-Islami, Minhaj-ul-Qur’an etc.
· Religio-Political Organizations e.g. Jama’at-e-Islami, Jam’iyat U’lema e Islam, Jami’yat e U’lema Pakistan, Justice & Development Party (Turkey) etc.
2003 – 2007: Detailed academic study of the work of prominent Modern Islamic Scholars including Dr. Hameedullah, Amin Ahsan Islahi, Javed Ahmed Ghamidi, Nasir-ud-Albani, Waheed-ud-Din Khan etc.
2006 – 2007: Explored the historical sites of Judaism, Christianity & Islam in Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt
2007 – Onwards: Establishment of personal website for publishing my writings www.mubashirnazir.org
2010 – Onwards: Lectures & Question – Answers service to the question of modern-educated people about religious, social and psychological issues.
The Impact of Atheism on the Western & the Muslim Societies 2003: A detailed article on the movement of Atheism in Europe and its impact on the Western and the Muslim Societies during 19th and 20th century. It is available in Urdu language in this website.
Islam and Discrimination 2003: An analysis of Islamic teachings on racial, economic, religious, colour and ethnic discrimination. It is available in Urdu language in this website.
Review of “Islamic Threat – Myth or Reality” 2003: A detailed review of the book “Islamic Threat – Myth or Reality” written by a famous American scholar, John L. Esposito.
In the Land of the Qur’an & the Bible 2007: It is the detailed travelogue of my travels into the lands of Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt in order to explore the sites mentioned in the Quran and the Bible.
Urdu Translation of Kitaab ur Risala 2007: It is the translation of the first book on Islamic Jurisprudence from Arabic to Urdu language. The book was written by Muhammad Ibn Idrees Shafi’i (d. 204H / 819AD).
Islam & the Changes in the Modern World 2007: A detailed analysis of psychological, sociological, political, economic and technological changes in the modern world and its impact on the world of Islam.
Abolition of Physical & Intellectual Slavery in Islam 2008: It is a detailed research work on the reforms introduced by Islam in order to abolish slavery. Why did the slavery continued in the Muslim world? What are the measures to abolish the intellectual slavery from the Muslim world?
Intellectual Slavery in the Muslim World 2008: It is a part of the above mentioned book published separately in order to describe the condition of intellectual slavery in the Muslim World, teachings of Islam about the intellectual slavery, transformation of the Muslim World to adapt to the intellectual slavery and remedies to abolish the intellectual slavery in the Muslim World.
Development of an Islamic Educational System 2009:
Currently I am working on a big project to develop a Web-based Islamic Educational System. Salient features of the project include:
· Promoting Islamic values like sincerity, love, impartiality, open-mindedness, human rights especially for religious minorities and women, intellectual freedom etc.
· Removing the personality weaknesses developed by the current religious educational system e.g. hatred, narrow-mindedness, intellectual slavery, sectarianism, religious arrogance, ostentation, persecution of children, minorities and women etc.
· Studying detailed disciplines related to Islamic knowledge including Classical Arabic Language, Quranic Studies, Hadith and its related disciplines, Theology, Jurisprudence, History of Religion, Comparative Study of World Religions etc.
· Web-based Courses for all levels of students in English and Urdu languages
Personality Development Program 2008-2009: It is a compilation of essays of different scholars related to the concept of Tazkiya Nafs (Personality Development) in Islam.
Quranic Arabic Program 2010: The objective of this program is to learn Arabic from the beginner’s level to the heights of the classical Arabic of pre-Islamic era in which the Quran was revealed. The program has five modules and the most advanced one deals with the intricacies of eloquent classic Arabic. It is available in both Urdu, English & Turkish languages.
Quranic Studies Program 2011: The objective of this program is to learn the message of the Quran. The program starts with a selective syllabus of the Quran. Its intermediate modules include comparative studies of five major commentaries of the Holy Quran.
Comparative Studies Program 2011: It involves an impartial comparative study of views and argumentation of different sects and groups within the Muslim world. It has seven modules which involve study of sects and groups on grounds of creed, jurisprudence, Sufism, movement, and orientation towards modernism.
Muslim Civilization History from Prophet Adam علیہ الصلوۃ والسلام to Today 2012-2019
- Pakistan Credit Rating Agency > 2019 to Today as Senior Financial Risk Analyst
- Frontier Works Organization, Pakistan > 2018-2019 as Internal Audit Manager
- The University of Punjab, Pakistan > 2017-2018 as Visiting Faculty in Audit, Financial Analysis & Risk Assessment
- Rolaco Trading & Contracting, Saudi Arabia > 2012-2016 as Business Process and Risk Manager
- Emaar Middle East, Saudi Arabia > 2010-2012 as Internal Audit Manager
- Moore Stephens, Saudi Arabia > 2006-2010 as Manager – Business Risk & Internal Audit Services
- Ernst & Young, Pakistan / Kuwait > 2004-2006 as Manager – Business Risk Services
- Pak Arab Refinery Limited, Pakistan > 2003-2004 as Management Executive
- Unilever Pakistan Ltd > 2000-2003 as Credit Manager