Aslam U Alakum
Could you please send me explanation of Soorah Nahal ayat 90
Innallah yamuro biladle walehsane……………………………….. jazakallah.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Assalam o alaikum wa Rahmatullah
I’ll appreciate if you please introduce yourself.
The verse is one of the great verses of the Holy Quran that was admired by many Non-Muslims including the opponents of the Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم. It describes the basis of the ethical framework of an Islamic society. The verse is:
إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَالإِحْسَانِ وَإِيتَاءِ ذِي الْقُرْبَى وَيَنْهَى عَنْ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَالْبَغْيِ يَعِظُكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ۔
“Allah commands justice, benevolence, and liberality to kith and kin, and He forbids all shameful deeds, and injustice and rebellion: He instructs you, that ye may receive admonition.”
I think that the verse is self-explanatory. Three attitudes are prescribed:
1. Justice which includes giving every person his right. It indicates that an Islamic society must be a duty-oriented society.
2. Benevolence is giving someone more than what he deserves. Everyone understands that such attitude results in love, affection and mutual trust in a society.
3. Giving to kith and kin especially the poor ones results in better cohesion of the society.
Similarly, three acts are forbidden:
1. Shameful deeds mean lewdness, obscenity. This include adultery, homosexuality, pornography, exhibitionism, obscenity, vulgarism, dirty words etc.
2. Injustice is opposite to justice. Simply it means not giving someone his right. This also includes not performing ones duty while he is receiving his full remuneration.
3. Rebellion involves breaking the law. A Muslim is required to always respect the law of the land in order to avoid anarchy. If we disagree with a law, we have the right to protest against it but we do not have the right to break the law.
I hope that this detail may be helpful. Please feel free to share your further questions.
Muhammad Mubashir Nazir
Respected Brother Mubashir Nazir
Thanks for prompt response of my email about the explanation of Ayat 90 of Surah Nahal. It is fact that you are doing a very good job as a dayee. I have read most of your articles published in your websites like Tajassus , Guman, Ghebat etc. I like all of them specially your way of communication is very simple and appealing. Ayat 90 of Surah Nahal is very important we listen in every Friday Sermon. It says about three dos and three don’ts but we don’t understand. I am living in Canada Toronto in Indo-Pak back ground and trying to understand Quran accordingly. Please enlist my name in your emails and keep me update about your progress.
Wa alaikum us salam wa Rahmatullah
Many thanks for your kind comments about my writings and providing your introduction. I’ll keep you posted for any updates on the website. Usually, I update on 1st of each month.
Remember in your prayers,
Muhammad Mubashir Nazir
Don’t hesitate to share your questions and comments. They will be highly appreciated. I’ll reply as soon as possible if I know the answer. Send at email@example.com.