Read your article on the topic https://mubashirnazir.org/2022/12/03/secular-vs-religious-history/
1. If many of the Muslims are interested in doing individual work Can they bring any Big change?. I think the change can be brought through an organisation only. The example of Muslim Brotherhood is worth noting. We used to make rallies against the Palestine issue, Homosexuality etc. which cannot be done individually. If we are working individually then we are losing such a good opportunity of opposing this big evils.
2. In fourth para,we can see at the starting that the Quran has used the work “Ummah”, while emphasizing the dawah work.
3. Being a collective worker, I feel that there are utmost opportunities in developing the personality in every dimension because it happens that a person posses more qualities in some or the other field and vice versa. As such we can share our experiences and qualities in collective work as said in the hadith that a Muslim is a mirror to other Muslim. (This can be reach more easily and immensely in collective work less in individual).
4. A person working collectively get into more examinations (Azmaesh), thus upgrading his level of Heaven.
5. Above all I think a collective worker has a driving force behind him i.e. his Jammat friends who correct him for mistake and do Islah when we became weak in Faith.
Therefore I think it is better suggesting the people for collective work. I agree that some members may not fit for collective who are very less.
Wa alaikum us salam wa Rahmatullah
I do not deny the benefits of collective work. It is upon every person to decide whichever suits his objectives and personality. Both individual and collective work have their advantages and disadvantages. Individual work also becomes collective work over time. For example, I started this project of Islamic Studies Program which has now become a collective work Al-Hamdulillah.
Rallies etc. have certain issues:
1. The most important issue is that of Huquq ul I’bad. When people block a road, it itself is a highly contemptible act and strictly forbidden in Islam. As a result of that many people are unable to reach to hospitals and to their work.
2. Business and work of many people is disturbed due to rallies and it is not permissible in Islam to disturb anyone.
3. Many people become violent and start burning cars and properties of others which is forbidden in Islam.
4. If all of the above are taken care of, conducting a rally is still a totally futile exercise. Thousands of rallies are conducted on Palestine and other issues and none of them has succeeded in achieving the proclaimed objective. However, politicians conduct rallies just to demonstrate their street power to ask the government to succumb to their demands and sometimes they succeed if they are able to disturb normal life for a long period.
So any sort of collective work in a healthy way is good but it should be without rallies and some concrete work should be done e.g. education, Tazkiya, creating awareness, relief work etc.
Muhammad Mubashir Nazir
Your point on regarding rallies are accepted. We usually do it in parks or on side of the road without disturbing other people. The news reporters can be invited and the message can be send to the government, if not it will be a tool for awareness.
Do you have any other option other then rallies in stopping the government from making relation with Israel and to stop other evil things being passed in the parliament.
Assalam o alaikum
If you are doing in parks, then there is no issue and it is a decent way to protest. It will also give you better support from public as they will know that you are sincere and not violating their rights and not disturbing their lives. There are several methods for peaceful protests but I am not much aware of them because it is not my area of interest. You can see this link:
Recently, people used Facebook as a protesting tool. It is a better way as it requires less energy and resources and is proved to be very effective.
By all means, I do not regard any form of protest as a positive tool. When we shall do some concrete work, it will give fruits in the long run. Protests are just like bubbles which disappear after making some disturbance.
Don’t hesitate to share your questions and comments. They will be highly appreciated. I’ll reply as soon as possible if I know the answer. Send at email@example.com.